You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘getting started’ tag.
I recently read a forum post at WA (written by Travis) about him only having $10 to his name and having to turn a profit and it really set the gears in my head in motion.
I firmly believe that if a person can’t make money on the internet, starting with a just a little, then having a lot simply won’t help.
Imagine having just 1 hour to chop down a tree. Not an impossible task, is it? An axe is all you need, right?
You will also need a plan and a plan on how you are going to implement your plan. Here’s what I’m going to do.
I’m going to spend the first 45min sharpening my axe, as they say. This means proper research on how I am going to go about implementing my plan. Then I’m gonna chop the sucker down. Replace that tree with Internet marketing and making money and you’ll be able to understand what kind of mindset is needed.
I know from experience that Internet marketing is really just Direct Marketing, only difference is you are utilizing a different medium, that medium being the WWW instead of paper/mail and the telephone. What this means is that all the same rules still apply.
You still need to have a product and a hungry market to sell the product to. You need to have a message for that market, preferably a message that is able to solve a specific problem, and you have to have a way to deliver that message to your target audience. Pay per click advertising (adwords) is a good way to deliver your message to the hungry masses. To learn more about PPC, you should consider buying Beating Adwords
Now, in order for you to move forward, you have to adopt the mindset that this is a process, and that it doesn’t have to happen by tomorrow and there is no point in chasing the big kahunas. (By definition, chasing means to pursue something that is diverging away from you) therefore it is better to proceed methodically, try and fail, try again and succeed, adjust, rinse and repeat the whole process, again and again. All the while moving forward and getting closer to achieving success.
A simple plan for moving forward may look like this –
– Research an idea.
– Create a plan around that idea.
– Check some forums for Niches related to your idea.
– Do a Trend Search at Google.
– Narrow down niches into more specific niches that are easily identifyable, easy to reach, and have money.
– Go back to the forums to see if you can spot any consistent questions and problems.
– Research some affiliate programs for your chosen 3 niches and see if any solve a particular problem or question.
– Choose 1 niche to begin testing with.
– Save all the rest for future reference.
– Keyword Research – Find specific words that are related to the product and that solve the searchers problem.
– Develop a review style landing page using 3 of the affiliate products that you have found. (must be similar products).
– Create a New campaign broken into specific adgroups with broad, phrase and exact matching and dynamic keyword insertion in the title.
– Flip the switch to start testing.
– Gather results, adjust, and improve on what you can.
Your first goal should be to complete all of the above process steps thoroughly to launch.
Your next goal is to attain your first sale.
Then, once you have a good solid campaign up and running, your goals should look like this.
$50/mo (after 2 mths)
$100/mo (after 4 mths)
$250/mo (after 6 mths)
$500/mo (after 8 mths)
$1000/mo (after 1 year)
Then all there is left to do is evaluate, adjust, rinse, repeat, and set new goals.
The above plan is a good solid plan for success and if followed has the potential to create enormous wealth.
To learn how I am able to know such information and use it successfully, all you have to do is become a wealthy affiliate.
Here’s to your success!